Hello! Today I am sharing a mini canvas I made using The Rubber Cafe’s Framed Heart stamp. This stamp has an Zentangle feel to it. I have seen a lot of “Zentangle” drawings on Pinterest. I even have a Zentangle board. But, I never research to see what is “Zentangle”? It looks like “Zentangle” is term trademarked by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. Their website says “The Zentangle Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.” I subscribed to their blog to learn more about it!
Here is a tutorial on how I put together my mini canvas!
1. My initial thought was to color in the Framed Heart stamp with Copic markers. But I really wanted to try something different – so I decided to go with watercolor pencils!
2. I stamped the Framed Heart stamp on water color paper with brown archival ink.
3. I colored in the Framed Heart stamp with water color pencils from Close to My Heart in earthy tones – Olive, Autumn Terracotta, and Desert Sand.
4. I used a small paint brush to wet the paper and blend the colors.
5. I added some texture by heat embossing Shabby White Embossing Enamel on the heart.
6. Next I created a frame from grunge board which I colored with various Tattered Angels inks.
7. I covered the canvas with Faber-Castell Gelatos.
8. Then spray more Tattered Angels ink on the canvas after it had dried.
Here is a close up of the finished canvas!
Thanks for stopping by!
Stamps: The Rubber Cafe - Framed Heart
Paper: Water Color Paper
Ribbon: Lovebug Creations Rumpled Ribbon
Ink and Markers: The Rubber Cafe - Faber-Castell Gelatos, Brown Archival Ink, CTMH Watercolor Pencils, Tattered Angels Spray Inks
Adhesive: The Rubber Cafe - Scrap Happy Glue
Embellishments: The Rubber Cafe - Shabby White Embossing Enamel
Other: Canvas, Tim Holtz Grunge Board, Eye Screws